In a society full of endless possibilities and grave concerns, the need for strong leaders is vital to our growth and success as a whole. Although this call is essential, it constantly goes unheard, and thus widens the gaps of inequality and limits the ability for all voices to be heard. flightunit is a Student Leadership & Lifestyle Brand and recognizes this reality. flightunit is dedicated to creating stronger leaders and shaping a culture that supports, encourages, and inspires growth. To meet our goals, we have developed flightunit’s “Five Feathers” concepts and have implemented valuable programs that include mentorship and skill-development to align with our outlook. We use various platforms to engage students, including workshops (off & on-line), conferences, and even all-star sporting events. We are excited to continue our work of empowering a new generation of empathetic and astute thinkers.
flightunit is extremely grateful for the work we have accomplished since 2010 and we are humbled to be able to continuously have a positive impact on young people. flightunit is a proud partner of both the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) and the Dufferin-Peel Catholic District School Board(DPCDSB) in addition we have strong working relationships with several other school boards in the Greater Toronto Area and beyond. To aid our leaders, we have developed the “Five Feathers”—the five types of people that form a flightunit. These people should be within every leader’s network to increase their level of success and their ability to help build a better life and a healthier community.
1) The Mentor is more experienced or knowledgeable than the mentee and helps guide them. They have a distinct area of expertise and usually provide advice about career development. The mentor supports the growth of the mentee through learning and encouragement. The primary purpose of the mentor is to drive personal growth, increase responsibility, and maintain accountability of the mentee while developing skills. The mentormay be older or younger than the mentee.
2) The Companion provides more than just a physical presence in your life. The companion helps your body resist illness, keeps your mind sharp, and helps you combat loneliness. The companion is a cheerleader. They are loyal and show you unconditional love and kindness. Science agrees that it’s essential for our survival to have a companion in our life.
3) The Connector is extremely resourceful. They have a strong, massive network and know people from a wide variety of areas and industries. The Connector is solution-oriented and can help open doors to opportunities. The Connector, through their communication and experience, is often creative, or they can at least connect you with someone who is. This access to creativity provides inspiration and outside-the-box perspectives to discuss ideas.
4) The Doer is rich from life experiences. They are very enjoyable to be around because they are very positive. The Doer will inspire you to live life at a higher level and will help you to step outside of your comfort zone. The Doer is action-oriented. They will help you reaffirm your commitment to success and
expand your perspective and level of open-mindedness.
5) The Realist provides different perspectives on ways you can improve. They serve as a reality-check, which keeps you grounded, strengthens your ideas and actions. The biggest strengths that the realist provides is their honesty and critical-thinking skills. They are always reliable for good insight and constructive feedback.
flightunit Mission Statement:
To cultivate strong leaders locally to enable progressive change globally.
flightunit Vision Statement:
One World, One Community
How to Create a flightunit
At flightunit, we believe that everyone has a team around them, and that there are certain introspective questions we all need to ask ourselves.
Step 1: Do I know who my teammates are? Are they helping me fail or succeed? Take some time to think about these questions.
Step 2: When we look at the people around us we should use two eyes: a good eye and a bad eye. In other words, we must always acknowledge the positive and negative character traits that the people around us possess. Create a list of the character traits of people in your social circle and see if they align with who you are and who you are striving to be.
Step 3: Carefully choose the people that you want to be part of your flightunit. It is crucial to have a diverse and ambitious flightunit. The people that we surround ourselves with have the greatest influence on the direction of our lives. Keep this in mind as you create your flightunit. If you want to reach your full potential, take the time to create your flightunit all-star team.
Answer the question, “Who is a part of your flightunit?”
flightunit: a chosen group of people dedicated to helping you soar to new heights.
We would like to be a part of your flightunit. We want to be instrumental in enabling you to reach the next level. As others have supported us, we want to support you.
Follow us on social media @flightunit
Words from Our Founder
As the founder of flighunit, I am fortunate and humbled that my vision has brought together so many great people and has been able to empower and change lives. We all have a purpose in life, and my goal is to inspire a new generation of leaders to improve themselves and the world around them.
I believe that in the process of growth, we must raise our moral standards so that we can live more purposeful and meaningful lives. As an organization, flightunit recognizes that if we want to live in an exceptional world, we need more exceptional people. Our mission is to produce outstanding people with outstanding mindsets. To accomplish this, we will provide them with functional tools that will be consistently useful and valuable throughout their lives.
Based on what we have accomplished to date, I am excited for our future in motivating, inspiring, and developing stronger leadership to improve our world. Life is not easy, but our obstacles are actually what allow us to be extraordinary if we only accept the challenge to be champions.
–Christoff Kyere, Founder of flightunit
What the Feathers Represent
5 Feathers for Living an Enriched Life
flightunit’s 5 Feathers for a greater life: the foundation for happiness, peace, and enrichment.
flightunit is an official Student Success and Lifestyle brand dedicated to being the official voice of the student body.
flightunit has developed the 5 Feathers concept to help students and individuals lead a happier and more enriched life.
Our 5 Feathers are founded on the following beliefs:
The Power of the Conscious Mind
When we are aware of our influences and are focused on aligning with our moral compass, we will make better decisions that empower our minds and our souls. As individuals, we increase our potential when we are living more consciously. As an organization, flightunit focuses on increasing awareness in this area to showcase the immense benefit of living conscious lives.
Related to this, we offer:
1) Leadership Program
2) Foundations for Success Workshop Series
3) Going for Gold Business Workshop Series
The Power of Energy
Energy is like a boomerang: the energy that we put out is the energy that we receive. Therefore, if we want to be surrounded by positive energy, we must funnel positivity into our relationships and our goals.
The flight Power Foundation
The flight Power Foundation is a non-profit organization that operates under the flightunit umbrella. Our foundation understands the different aspects of today’s student, from pop culture to social media, and we have kept this in mind while developing our programs. We are success-focused and are delighted for the opportunity to service today’s student body.