Feather #1: Me, Myself, and I
We are seldom aware of the power of our own presence. The presence of a single person can alter conversations and drastically change the overall mood. It is important to understand what type of influence we currently have and want to have on others.
Me, Myself, and I is the foundation principle of our “Feather” system. We have chosen this as our first Feather to emphasize the importance of self, self-awareness, and self-development. We believe that in order to advance in life, one must commit to their personal growth. Our daily choices dictate the boundaries of our growth – they can be our road to success or our path to failure. Discovering who we are is no simple task, but when we do, we unlock the keys to our success.
Questions for Reflection:
1) What motivates me?
2) What are my thoughts and beliefs?
a) Am I confident in them?
3) Who do I surround myself with?
a) What impact are they having on me?
b) What do we have in common?
4) Where do my thoughts take me when my mind wanders?
a) Are these thoughts positive and allow me to grow or are they negative and are harmful?
5) What are the major influences on my decision-making process? (e.g. personal success, public opinion, time commitments, ego, media, etc.)
a) Does how I spend my time reflect this?
b) How do these influences enrich me as a person?
This Feather is so important for growth and success, we have provided bonus questions that will allow for a thorough self-examination.
6) Am I honest with myself and others?
a) Can others be brutally honest with me?
7) Am I aware of my mistakes?
a) Am I learning from them?
8) Which has a greater impact on my decisions, fear or courage?
9) Am I able to forgive others?
a) Am I able to forgive myself for my thoughts and actions?
b) Can I face conflict with the goal of reaching a resolution and learning from it?
10) What do I want people to say about me when I am not around them?
Benefits of Feather #1:
There’s an English writer named John Brown who said, “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” Everything begins and ends with us. The choice to be phenomenal or to live a disappointing life lies within our hands. We are creatures of habit – it is crucial that we develop the right habits and a growth mindset for success. With the right mindset we can become unstoppable!
Set 2 goals for yourself to aid in your growth for the current month:
Tips for success:
1) Allocate time to reflect everyday
2) Do not limit yourself